Environment and toxic effects

Environmental toxins damage our bodily systems and trigger disease. They accumulate in the environment, and thus in our food, water, air, and on indoor surfaces. Sitting at the top of the food chain we are subject to the biomagnification effect; we are even more poisoned than what we eat. This is why it is estimated that the average adult person ingests enough plastic every week to make a credit card.

The potential consequences include chronic fatigue, allergies (including MCS), auto-immune and auto-inflammatory diseases, neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative diseases, cancers and more.

Toxicology has always assumed that for every substance there exists a threshold level below which it can do no harm. But that threshold keeps moving downward, even as our exposures move inexorably upward, and some things are simply unsafe at any level. The same rule applies here; you don’t need to be, and probably can’t be perfect; all reductions in exposure and all improvements in nutrition and lifestyle are worth doing.

There are a number of different methods of detoxing on the market, from the shop-bought and self-administered to medical intravenous ones. Some are worthless, some are likely to be inappropriate for you, some can be dangerous. The mainstay of our treatment is the Phospholipid Exchange Therapy (PLX), which we know to be safe, and which is always individually-prescribed. We monitor its effectiveness with regular lab tests.


  1. No Plastic in Nature: Assessing plastic ingestion from nature to people. WWF, Gland, Switzerland 2019